Thursday, October 3, 2013

Where are you?

Some of you have written to ask, "Where are you?" I have helped Mr. Mickey (my photographer and partner in life) move in and get settled in his new home. My old home is still on the market, so I am packing and doing a few projects at my new home. Recently our "date nights" have consisted of manual labor.

I am so excited to show you my new home, but I am a few weeks away from moving in. For now, I will share with you some of the things that provide inspiration for me.


This is Timothy Corrigan's LA home. He has always been one of my favorite interior designers. He has a new book just out, "An Invitation to Chateau du Grand-Luce." 


My copy is on its way! I look forward to curling up in front of the fire with this book and a glass of wine later this month to absorb every detail. 

I always study the classics to get inspiration and guidance for any project I undertake, whether it is dressing, designing jewelry, planning my gardens, or decorating my home. For example, I love the classic, timeless style of Jackie O and Audrey Hepburn. I also admire some popular young women who currently show their own strong sense of style. Olivia Palermo is one of those young women who constantly impresses me with the way she dresses.




Below is a selfie of my casual look for today. I am on my way to the dentist and will be running lots of errands afterward.



I am wearing a long sweater vest and a long sleeve tee with a long tassel necklace, all from Chico's last year. The jeans are Levis dark wash. The shoes are Vince Camuto.

Mr. Mickey and I are looking forward to a normal date night on Saturday, so perhaps on Sunday, I will have a fashion post to share with you. Thank you so much for reading my blog and for your kind comments. I truly enjoy interacting with you!

18 comments:

House of Dreams said...

I'm loving your causal look :)

Anonymous said...

Oh...vous avez changé de coiffure ? Cela vous va très bien...Bon courage pour votre aménagement dans votre nouvelle maison.Cordialement.Jacqueline

Donna said...

Thanks for the update! I figured your silence was due to your real estate issue. I hope you sell your home soon. Congratulations to Mr Mickey on his new home. Love the outfit...

Unknown said...

Always a class act - that's you, Susan. I am so glad I had surgery this January and had the time to sit and google various sites to make jewelry and found you! What a gift of YOU this year with all your informative and beautiful posts. I look forward to seeing what you have to say every day. Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Such a class act - that's you, Susan. I am so glad I had surgery this past January and had the time to google various sites to make vintage jewelry. What a gift of YOU I found! I so look forward to your informative and beautiful posts. Thank you so much!

Cathryn said...

Susan, your hair looks great in this picture. Love the flats, too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love your look and the tassle necklace! I agree, Olivia Palermo has the classic look down pat-an elegant and beautiful girl! Reminds me of the 70s supermodel Karen Graham.

Moving For Love said...

Congratulations on the new home. What an exciting and somewhat stressful time! You do however look like you don't have a care in the world. :) Good luck on the move.

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Love your casual outfit and the flats...and your hair looks great!

Mary

Maggie said...

Great cardigan! Where did you find it?

Sue W. said...

Love that look! I found this blog/website a few weeks ago and look forward to your posts already!

Susan said...

This is a new shorter hair cut which I can wear either forward or partly behind my ears. We will try to show you a better view this weekend.

I am wearing a long Chico's sweater vest from last year with a long sleeve tee in the same deep red color. Thanks for all the sweet comments. Hugs!

meriusa said...

I am also back after summer turbulences and the adaption on my new computer. I stay a great fan of your blog.
I love this outfit jeans with red up and the new hair cut comes with me to my hairdresser s !.I admire that you still remain that slim.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You look amazing in your red and I cannot wait to see the house, Susan!!
Looking at your inspiration, I bet you house will be fabulous!

Unknown said...

You have such great personal style! Love your fashion layouts.

Elaine @ Timothy Corrigan said...

Hope you enjoy the book Susan!

Sandra said...

Love the color on you. I also really like your hair a little straighter. Lookin good.

Kama said...

Looking fabulous in red!