Sunday, August 3, 2014

High School Friends

I met my dear friend Susan when we were about thirteen years old.


I had just enrolled in a new school, and she was one of the first people I met. Her kindness to the new girl was never forgotten. We remained close friends throughout high school, but I moved away a few years after graduating, and we lost touch. 

Thanks to Facebook, we caught up with each other again a few years ago. On Saturday night, Mr. Mickey and I joined Susan and her handsome French husband, C.A., for dinner on Gourmet & Company's patio.







We all chose something healthy and colorful from the menu. Chef Jacob's family was also dining on the patio at the table next to us. Mr. Mickey snapped this precious photo of him as he was holding his daughter. 





I wore white jeans from Dillard's by Kut from the Kloth with a white tank top and a duster length sweater from Chico's. The turquoise color necklace is also from Chico's. The shoes are by Jessica Simpson from T.J. Maxx.

9 comments:

Diana said...

I just love your style.

Anonymous said...

I love the outfit! Something I would like to wear.

Donna said...

How wonderful you have reconnected with your schoolmate! She is a very pretty lady with a very good-looking husband. I would image the four of you turned heads at the restaurant. Definitely like outfit you chose for the evening out.

Unknown said...

So glad you found Kut from the Kloth. They are my favorite brand. I must own 1/2 dozen of them.

Unknown said...

How funny, i have that exact same necklace - and i'm so far away in New Zealand! We don't even have Chico's in NZ.

Jane

Unknown said...

i'm so glad we've remained friends all this time..you are just as beautiful now as you were back in high school AND just as sweet! We had a wonderful time with you and mr. mickey...we must go again soon...hugs! and thanks everyone for your sweet comments!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What a wonderful story, Susan. So glad two friends were reunited! And you look lovely in your white...I considered this same sweater from Chicos...looks so good on you!

Nuts4dogs said...

How lovely to reconnect with an old friend. You should be on the travel guide for your city. Places to go and places to see with Susan and Mr. Mickey

There must be something in the water you drink. None of you look your age!

Anonymous said...

Now those shoes look really great because they don't shorten the leg!