Monday, August 18, 2014

Take A Drive

A long drive through the country or to another town to spend the day has always been one of my favorite ways to spend a relaxing day off.


Thankfully Mr. Mickey enjoys this type of weekend also. On Saturday, we got into his little red convertible and headed for Blowing Rock for lunch and a bit of shopping.


Later in the day, we took a nice long drive on the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway.


This is the view from the front porch of the Moses Cone Manor.


























I bought some new bling at B Dazzled in Blowing Rock. The link bracelet is the one you've seen many times before.


We also stopped into one of my other favorite stores, Finely House Couture. I found this great casual bag for fall. The straps can be adjusted to different lengths.


The shoes here are old by Vince Camuto.

We stopped for dinner at the Glass Onion in Weaverville before heading home.



I wore a red high low tunic from Chico's with white Kut from the Kloth jeans from Dillard's. These shoes are new, so I knew I wouldn't be wearing them all day shopping for the first time. I found them at Ross last week. They are by Steve Madden.

7 comments:

Margo said...

Hi Susan
What a lovely to spend the day. I really love your style ideas and have just started following your blog. In my early 60s and appreciate all your ideas especially as you like trousers as much as I do

Donna said...

Okay, that's it...I've decided to move! Such beautiful scenery! You look lovely as well as comfortable for an outing. Love Mr Mickey's vanity plate!

meriusa said...

With you ,nice companion I let myself driving through the wonderful landscapes . Thank you for the ride.
Nice the combination of red and white ,the hoop earrings and the bracelets. The shoes are very bold.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. Wow, you look divine ! I am putting you on my new blog's sidebar so I don't miss any of your posts. All the best from Paris !

BTC said...

Susan, sorry, I had trouble focusing on your outfit (which was stylin' as usual) because I was caught up in the beautiful scenery. The Blue Ridge area is stunning. We live just outside of Chapel Hill so Blowing Rock is about 3 hours away and we get out there every opportunity we can. Looks like you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Australia! Thanks for sharing some photos of the beautiful scenery in your part of the world! Love the red/white combo too :-)

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Beautiful, Susan...thanks for sharing the trip pictures. You look lovely in red and I really like the new jewelry!