Saturday, October 25, 2014

Lobster, Vintage Fur and Diamonds

We recently joined friends for dinner at Café Pacific. It is located in North Johnson City.



We have cool temperatures now in the evenings, so I wore a vintage fur-trimmed black cable front sweater by Ralph Lauren. I have a few jackets and high-end sweaters that were fabulous gifts from my friend Mitzi when she also recently downsized. When I wear a vintage piece, I keep the look sleek and simple and wear it with very modern elements.


The pants are pieced faux leather front leggings from Chico's. The Adea tank is my all-time favorite!


We had not been to Café Pacific in several years, so we had forgotten what a treat to the eyes and the palate it is to have even a small meal there. We share and order small plates often.


There was a delicious amuse-bouche from Chef Scott. Amuse-Bouches are different from appetizers in that they are not ordered from a menu by patrons, but when served, are done so free and according to the chef's selection alone. These are often accompanied by a complementing wine, are served both to prepare the guest for the meal and offer a glimpse into the chef's approach to the art of cuisine. This one is strawberries with herbs and a balsamic reduction with a passion fruit juice chaser.



The warm pieces of bread were served with whipped herbed butter and pesto olive oil for dipping.


The lobster bisque is a divine dish that is so rich we recommend sharing.


Everyone had a delicious seasonal salad.


Have you ever had a dessert amuse-bouche? This tiny bite was so full of fall flavor!


Now for the real dessert! We also shared this fabulous decadent chocolate dessert with fresh berries and a delightful light cream sauce. 


The shoes are by BCBGeneration via Dillard's. (Aren't they fierce?!) The antique amber watch, the ring, and the earrings were gifts from Mr. Mickey. The evening bag is from T.J.Maxx.


Many of you have asked me how to keep my weight down while going out to eat so often. Mr. Mickey and I share a few small plates and then order a salad as an entrée. I get to taste several different dishes without feeling I have to eat the whole thing.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, Love this outfit. The vintage fur sweater is a fabulous touch! cherie
http://www.stylenudge.com

free2b said...

i want those shoes actually i wantthe entireoutfit. you are a force of nature miss susan

Donna said...

Love the vintage sweater and how you have styled it with the leather leggings. Outstanding!

april grinaway said...

Love your fierce heels !

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Gorgeous outfit...love the top. I am so jealous of your cool evenings. It was in the 90s today with clear blue skies...I so long for fall. Enjoy your weather...and enjoy wearing fun autumn outfits!

Lady of Style said...

This is such a fantastic look, Susan, I just love the entire outfit.
You look fabulous!

Annette | Lady of Style

shopwithpippa.com said...

I found you via "Style Nudge" and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your style!
First of all you pulled together the vintage sweater with Pleather leggings ... awesome! But then I saw the shoes (swoon). I am now hooked on your blog! pippa
(www.TooCheapBlondes.com)

meriusa said...

"When I wear a vintage piece I keep the look sleek and simple and wear it with very modern elements."I love this tip.
The plate pictures are perfect.