Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Trip to the Beach!

We enjoy visiting with our dearest friends each year when they participate in the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival. We stay at their beach house, so I get to go for a walk on the beach every morning if the weather is agreeable.


Walking on the beach is one of life's greatest pleasures for me. I forget time and could easily walk for miles before I even realize it.



I wore a Clara Sunwoo cut-out sleeve tunic and Chico's ankle jeans with Vince Camuto sandals for a girl's day out, including shopping, lunch, more shopping, and finally a nap!



My friends Nancy and Mitzi are so much fun to be with! They are the perfect travel buddies because they are always positive, considerate, and easy-going. We were having so much fun that other women commented several times during the day that they wanted to join us.



We enjoyed a great lunch on the patio at the Topside in Harbor Town before putting all our packages into the car.




Now it's time to relax by the pool before getting ready for our fun night out.



The view across the pond can include any number of different wildlife and birds.



On another day, we ran errands and did some more shopping and sightseeing.



My easy casual look includes Chico's ankle jeans, a white tank, and a lightweight knit jacket from J.Jill.



On Halloween night, we all got dressed in fun costumes and went out to dinner at Alfred's, our favorite Island restaurant. Mr. Mickey was Al Capone, and I was Marilyn. So much fun!


On our final day at the beach, we spent the day looking at beautiful cars and having a gourmet lunch under the tents at the Sunday's Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance on Hilton Head Island.



That's our friends' beautiful award-winning car behind me!


The cars were amazing, and there was a large crowd to enjoy looking at them.







I hope you enjoyed the snapshots of my too-short trip to the beach.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah..... That make me want to go to Hilton Head again! The island is just beautiful. You and your friends and Mr. Mickey all look SMASHING!

Lynn said...

Great looking cars. Outfits are very nice.