Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Away

We love to spend the weekend in Asheville, at the Inn at Biltmore. They have a very nice Spa, shops, several dining options, a piano bar, and a library.


Mr. Mickey also owns a company, which means our vacations are typically taken in three-day increments. Since the weather was predicted to be warm and pleasant this weekend, we decided to take advantage of it.



My look for traveling and stopping in downtown Asheville for lunch included an impressive pair of Svelte leggings, my I.C. Collection faux suede trench coat from ShopMyFairLady, a silver tank top (coat not removed), and a large square silk scarf by Versace from Saks Off 5th.

Svelte supplied these leggings. The opinions are my own.




The wine-colored bag and the Nine West booties are from Saks Off 5th. Despite having a high heel, these boots are very comfortable. They are perfect to wear with leggings.





We had to stop for Canadain Geese crossing the road on the way to the Inn.




The view from our room on the fifth floor. I never tire of seeing mountains!





I wore this brand of leggings from Svelte.com for the first time this weekend. I love the way they fit and flatter my figure! They are well worth the investment. I will be taking these with me to California later this week. They will be perfect for the photoshoot for Covered Perfectly!

Svelte supplied these leggings. The opinions are my own.

These leggings have a built-in tummy control panel. Svelte products are made of highly stretchy knit fabric that holds you comfortably but firmly. I put leggings in the same way I do pantyhose to keep the seams strong and straight. To preserve the shape, color, and size, they must be machine washed cold or hand washed and hung to dry. Do not put them in the dryer. These tips apply to all fine knits.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You look amazing. It was a treat to run into you at Carmel's in the Grove Arcade. I was so excited to meet you I did not think until later that I should have offered to photograph you and Mr. Mickey together. You are a SHARP couple and really stand out in the crowd. I was walking around talking to my sisters and all of a sudden I saw the back of your head and recognized "the hair" and I knew it was you when I saw Mr. Mickey with you. If I ever run into you again, and you want me to take your photograph together just ask!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I just wondered do you wear opened toe shoes year round?

Susan said...

It was lovely to meet you and the gals, Marie. Thank you so much for your kind words. Mr. Mickey and I would have loved to have a photo of the three of you together with me for the blog. Unfortunately, we had left the camera in the car. Next time we will get one for sure!

Susan said...

Thank you, Terri. I do wear open toe booties when it is dry and 60 degrees. We had a beautiful weather this weekend.

Booklady said...

Lee Ripley said I love your blog. A while ago you posted something about bras. Could you please rerun that? I remember it was germane to those of us who have drooped.

Susan said...

This is the bra I wear all the time. https://www.soma.com/store/product/enhancing-shape-full-coverage-bra/570116950?color=001&catId=&fromSearch=true&scPos=1-301-1588 I was fitted professionally in the Soma store to discover which style fit my body best. I highly recommend a fitting every year. Weight loss of only ten pounds can mean we need a different size.

Unknown said...

Hello Susan - I was very happy when I recently came across your blog. I enjoy all your posts and especially like the way your blog is set up. I am going to place an order for Covered Perfectly and I was wondering what size you order so that I may use it as a reference. I know you state that we should order a size up to have it fit loosely. I wish their website would state the size next to the picture of the model like a few other online shops are doing. Since I am ordering from Canada I want to be a little more careful to not have to make any returns. Thank you. Joyce

Elaine @ Following Augustine said...

Please send the geese home to Canada! They are always one of our first signs of spring. You wouldn't find anyone wearing open toed booties here just yet, though we have enjoyed an unusually warm winter.

Prairie Poulet said...

I bought a pair of high-vamp sandals in nude, thanks to inspiration from you, Susan. They really do lengthen the leg. It will be months before I can wear them, so I envy your weather. Open-toed shoes in February -- lucky you!