Saturday, March 19, 2016

If Only It Had Sleeves

I bought this dress by Ralph Lauren because I loved the ruching at the waist and the unique detail at the neckline. 


I most definitely did not like the fact that it was sleeveless. At the purchase time, I thought I could work it with a shrug or a cardigan, but that plan failed miserably. As a result, I have rarely worn the dress.



Just before I gave it away, Yvonne from Cami Confidential contacted me. I am so glad she did! Yvonne Gillon has been a couture designer for more than thirty years. 


She created the piece I am wearing under the dress below (shown above on a model).



Several other fabulous items in the Cami Confidential line solve the issue of women who no longer want to show the skin around our underarm area or at our décolleté.




The piece I am wearing is called the Sophia, and you can find it at Cami Confidential. It was supplied to me, but I will be getting it in other colors to convert all the great sleeveless or low cut styles I have been passing up. 

If you have a mastectomy or other surgery scars you wish to cover, these pieces are excellent additions to your wardrobe. The sheer lace adds no weight, so you can wear these even on a hot day.

All of the items are made on-site in Cheshire, England. That means if you have issues such as lymphedema, they can adjust the sleeve size. All you have to do is ask!

Thank you, Yvonne, for coming to our wardrobe rescue!

21 comments:

Miss Dishywoo said...

What a good idea. I like the dress much more with sleeves. Just found your blog and am loving reading all the recent posts. My husband and I happen to be planning a mini break so your outfit ideas are inspiring me on what to pack. You look lovely and so well dressed.

Unknown said...

What a great idea How smart of them to come up with that! I love the look with the sleeves.

Steph. :) said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this idea!!!! How creative, and I love your dress with the sleeves. :)

Donna said...

That has to be one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. What's with all the sleeveless garments? Do designers no longer know how to do a proper sleeve or is it about the bit of extra fabric that will cost more? arghh... Many (most?) of us perfectly seasoned ladies prefer not to wear sleeveless. The neckline is unusual and you wear the dress perfectly.

Trish said...

What a beautiful dress, both sleeveless and with the added lace sleeves. You look wonderful in it. And you and Mr. Mickey are such a lovely couple. Trish in NJ

Elaine @ Following Augustine said...

What a great idea and such a creative way to add versatility to a wardrobe! I love your dress with and without sleeves.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What a great addition and perfect for evenings out or weddings. Great idea! You look lovely.

ci said...

i can't believe we are all just finding out about this amazing garment!!!! It is perfect and i do love your dress, but a jacket etc would cover the best part of the dress which is the rouching and neckline. Holy Moly!!! Love this. Thank you Susan !!!

Shelley Zurek -- Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

LOVE! And I want one!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this idea. What a great way to add versatility to your wardrobe (and hide my flabby arms at the same time).

Unknown said...

Love that!

Susan B said...

What a fabulous solution! Your dress looks wonderful.

Merrilyn said...

I am so happy to see someone is marketing these cover-ups, I have made these for myself and wear them under summer tanks in winter and of course under sleeveless frocks....very easy for the home sewer to achieve. Looks lovely in lace and plain sheer stretch mesh...

Andrea said...

Such a fabulous idea! It works perfectly with your dress! And the neckline of the dress is indeed lovely!

Prairie Poulet said...

I still want sleeves!

Sherry said...

Genius!
Thanks for sharing. Just what I needed.
Also, The dress is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea! I ordered the non-lace version of the sleeves today. Can't wait to receive them. I have 3 casual dresses in my closet that I don't wear because they are sleeveless. Love all the ideas you give us. Thanks so much.

RoseAG said...

Great product!
Mastectomies can leave you with a little roll of extra skin, ok maybe it's fat, at the underarm. I'm always looking for arms that are a little higher so that little bit can stay tucked away.
Oprah magazine has a feature about whatever Oprah wears on the cover and it isn't unusual for her to have had her seamstress add sleeves to things.

Missy said...

You look terrific sleeveless. That dress was made for you.

Missy said...

You look terrific in this sleeveless dress. You are lucky to look beautiful either way you choose to wear your dress.

Joanne said...

Oh my gosh! This is genius! I need one for the exact same purpose! Thank you so much!