Friday, April 22, 2016

The Women's Fund of East Tennessee Luncheon

Yesterday I joined some extraordinary women at the Cherokee Country Club in Knoxville for our 5th annual luncheon for the Women's Fund of East Tennessee.


The Women's Fund is a catalyst to transform the lives of low-income women and girls in East Tennessee. I am very proud to be in the Leadership Society. 




As an organization, we learn about the needs of women and girls in our region and determine focused funding areas with the greatest long-term impact. We explore and recommend grant recipients based on area organizations' proven success and their ability to create positive, transformative change.

Together we analyze the outcomes of our investments to ensure accountability and success.


Mr. Mickey snapped these photos for you at the World's Fair Park, where we went for an early morning stroll. The Sunsphere can be seen in the background. It is a hexagonal steel truss structure, topped with a gold-colored glass sphere that served as the symbol of the 1982 World's Fair.


Later in the morning, we visited one of my favorite establishments in Knoxville, The Paris Apartment. It is a delightful place to shop for clothing, accessories, gifts, and fabulous items for your home. You can also enjoy lunch with friends in the French style bistro and tea room.


I wore a navy blue set by IC Collection, sent to me by ShopMyFairLady.com.


The crystal hand-beaded tassel necklace was also sent to me by ShopMyFairLady.com.




We always look forward to attending events at the elegant Cherokee Country Club overlooking the Tennessee River.

It was such a delight to visit some of the other women from Johnson City who attended the luncheon.


Our collective efforts significantly contribute to accomplishing great things for women and girls in our region.


With my dear friend, Carol Transou, above. She introduced me to The Women's Fund several years ago.


If you are in Knoxville during the springtime, don't miss the chance to drive through some of the beautiful neighborhoods where stately older homes stand sentinel over the river surrounded by breathtaking azaleas in full bloom. Too soon, it was time to begin our long drive back to Johnson City.


The look I wore today would be perfect for any special event such as attending a wedding or any more formal gathering. It is very comfortable and yet elegant at the same time. This set is available in black as well as the navy I am wearing. The top has side pockets! The photo below was taken in poor lighting, so the navy shows as black. 
Bonus shot!


Considering the sheer mesh details on the pants' legs, I chose to wear minimalist nude sandals by Sam Edelman via Nordstrom last year. For the same reason, I did not wear bracelets or a watch, which would have only served as clutter. 



14 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this outfit!!! It looks waaaay better on you than on the website. I would never have even considered it from looking at their site, but now I am rethinking that choice. You look gorgeous!

ci said...

This outfit is amazing. There is nothing better than that little suggestion of skin while being all covered up!! Very sexy indeed! and quite appropriate for so many occasions. Great post today!

Unknown said...

Volunteers are a blessing in so many ways.
Love the outfit.. works for me everytime! Have a wonderful weekend!

Trish said...

Love that outfit - it's so elegant yet sexy and I really love shoes. Trish

elaine said...

Very chic!

Elaine@Following Augustine

dmp said...

I totally agree with '50 is not old' - this outfit and your choice of simple, nude sandals and no jewelry looks so much better than the website's choice of shoes and jewelry. I, too, would have scanned right over the site's photo - but, wow - it looks amazing on you!

Unknown said...

This outfit is stunning on you! I think you nailed it, with only wearing the necklace and no other jewelry and wearing the nude shoes. Wonderful pictures. - Amy
www.stylingrannymama.com

Unknown said...

That outfit is gorgeous! You look great as usual.

Diana said...

I LOVE this outfit! Now if they just made it in tall sizes.

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Susan, I just love this outfit and it looks fantastic on you. I might even get it myself even though I am in Australia and have to be careful re sizing. I really love your style and you have given me so much inspiration. I always look forward to your posts!
take care, Maryann

Granna said...

This is a great outfit for you! You look lovely!

Missy said...

What a stunner!! I just received the "waves" jacket and it is so beautiful. The fit is perfect and I appreciate your input.
After reading through your fashion tips , I understand how patterns , lines and diagonals can totally change your look.
Thank you for posting your pictures !

BTC said...

Love the outfit!On you the pants look like leggings. On the website they just look like pants. Odd...

nancy said...

I agree with the 1st commenter. I would never have considered that outfit on their model with their shoes. You look lovely in this.