Thursday, July 7, 2016

Covered Perfectly on the 4th of July!

One of my favorite new tops from the Covered Perfectly line is the Allyson.


With keyhole details at the neckline and a very forgiving fit and flare silhouette, it is a great top to wear with jeans.



I wore this on the 4th of July. I cannot decorate or wear holiday sweaters, but I will wear red on festive occasions.



Each time I go out to Los Angeles for a Covered Perfectly photoshoot, I can't wait to see all the new styles.


As soon as I slipped this top on at the shoot, everyone around me said: "Oh, you have to get that one!"


I always take advantage of the Buy Two Get One Free offer when I shop at Covered Perfectly. I'll show you the other two choices later. Stay tuned!


The princess seaming and the slightly belled sleeves make this top very comfortable and figure-flattering. I received many compliments!


I wore the new Allyson top from Covered Perfectly with old Anne Klein white jeans from T.J.Maxx with a colorful clutch bag from Finely House Couture in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. The sandals are a couple of years old by Jessica Simpson.

4 comments:

thepoutingpensioner said...

Hi Susan, royal blue and that shade of red, both work so well on you. I guess the message here is to find one's colours then keep the eyes peeled for them when shopping.
Mary.

New Mexico Mom said...

You always look so nice and I love your blog. I do have a couple of comments though. I am 63 and I have to tell you that the beautiful top you are wearing would look like a maternity top on me. Having spent 5 straight years being pregnant or nursing three babies, my stomach is a flabby mess and my bust hangs to my waistline. No amount of exercise is going to correct this. Even wearing control undergarments does not help this issue. I do not wear them unless it is a dressy occasion due to neck and back issues. Also, one thing that I never see bloggers address when choosing their outfits has to do with their spouse or partner. I try to look nice, but I am not going to dress in such a way that makes my husband look dumpy or feel uncomfortable. My husband has to wear a dress shirt and pants for work and the last thing he wants to do is have to dress up to go out to eat and I am not going to insist that he does. His hard work allowed me to be a stay at home mom. He is a handsome man and dresses nicely, but like me is more casual in dress. Our hometown is a very casual place and the nearest fancy place to eat is at least 200 miles away, hence the casual tone to our lives. Also, when you went to LA and did your packing for travel blog, many mentioned needing info for how to pack toiletries and makeup for travel. The TSA liquids is understood, but what about toiletries and how they are packed. Would love to hear about this as I have two upcoming trips for visiting kids and grandkids. Thanks for your blog and the inspiration it gives me.

Susan said...

My partner, Mr. Mickey is shown in many of my blog posts. We dress similarly in business casual clothes most of the time. I am sure you dress in a way that is appropriate for your lifestyle and environment, New Mexico Mom.

As for how I packed my toiletries and makeup... I used a small plastic travel size bottle from Walgreens to take a little of my facewash liquid, a small travel size of deodorant and a small sample size of moisturizer, a toothbrush, and small travel size toothpaste in a plastic sandwich bag. I also had mascara, eyeliner pencil, two colors of eye shadow and a lip color in a tiny makeup bag. All of it fit easily into my handbag. I don't wear much makeup, foundation or moisturizer in the summer. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap are always provided by my hotels.

Anonymous said...

I really like how this top is fitted across the bust. Tops that hang straight off the top of the bust line look terrible if you are full busted. Yet this top does not cling too revealingly around the waist, an area of the body that we ladies are usually self conscious about. Sheila J